On its second week of classes, The Paulinette (TP), official publication of SPUP-BEU Grade School garnered a total of 11 wins in the Division Schools Press Conference held at Cataggaman Elementary School on September 10-12, 2019.
- 1st Place, Copyreading and Headline Writing (Eng)- Sheryl Reyes
- 1st Place, Editorial Writing (Eng)- Aaron Paulo Bautista
- 1st Place, Photojournalism (Fil)- Alyssa Marij Agustin
- 3rd Place, Column Writing (Eng)- Frances Lujille Acorda
- 3rd Place, Science and Technology Writing (Fil)- Venn Baldino
- 5th Place, Editorial Writing (Fil)- Venn Baldino
- 5th Place, Feature Writing (Eng)- Aaron Paulo Bautista
- 5th Place, Photojournalism (Eng)- Rihanna Kaena Catral
- 6th Place, Science and Technology Writing (Eng)- Sid Angelo Manaligod
- 6th Place, Sports Writing (Eng)- Gabrien Khyle Chua
- 7th Place, Sports Writing (Fil)- Hakysia Mabborang
With this year’s theme, “Fostering 21st Century Skills and Character-based Education through Campus Journalism”, the aforementioned Paulinette scribes emerged victorious in their respective categories from a total of 31 participating elementary schools in the Division of Tuguegarao.
The winners will advance to the regional competition slated this October with the hopes of maintaining the winning streak of SPUP in the field of journalism.
Since the opening of classes last September 2, the campus journalists devoted their time for screening and write-shop in preparation for this annual journalism contest facilitated by Dir. Purita Licas (PIA Regional Director), Ms. Melmia Marie Baquiran (Cagayan Provincial Information Office); Mr. Mark Djeron Tumabao (PIA RO2), Mr. Oliver Baccay (PIA RO2), and Ms. Angely L. Mercado (PIA RO2).
Meanwhile, Cedrick Rivera, a grade 5 pupil was also elected as the Vice President for the Elementary Editors Guild of the Philippines, Division of Tuguegarao.