Foreign Students (Seeking Admission)
- Personal History Statement
- Birth Certificate
- Transcript of Records or School Marks and Diploma of Latest School Attendance (with English Translation as needed)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (Non-speakers or Beginners are advised to arrive early in SPUP and enroll in Basic English Language courses)
- Affidavit of Support and/or Proof of Adequate Financial Support (Certificate of Financial Scholarship for those who are sent by the Government or their schools/institutions)
- Medical/Health Certificate WITH NORMAL READING/RESULT taken within the last THREE months (ONE week for Malaria Smear)
- Chest X-ray
- VDRL or Syphilis Test
- Microsopic Urinalysis
- Microsopic Stool Exam
- Yellow Fever / Polio Vaccine (for those coming from Africa)
- Malaria Test
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Copy of Passport Bio Page
All certificates must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.
Additional Requirements for Applicants (Doctor of Medicine Program)
- Valid Passport and Student VISA (if completed BS in the Philippines)
- NMAT Score of at least 40 percentile
- College TOR with Overall BS Mark of at least 83% or its equivalent mark
- Honorable Dismissal
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Copy of NBI Clearance
- CHED Clearance
- Certificate of Eligibility for Admission nto Medical School (from CHED)
All certificates must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy in case applicant completed BS degree abroad.
General Procedures and Fees
- Upon arrival in the Philippines, the Foreign Student applicant goes to the Department of Health - Bureau of Quarantine at 25th & Delagado Street, Port Area, Manila (in back of Manila Hotel) for Medical Check-up an Issuance of Health Clearance (stamped on passport, with dry seal). Certain fee is collected by the BOQ for this procedure.
***Applicant who travels direct to SPUP, Tugugegarao City must be willing to travel back to Manila for quarantine procedures after completing enrollment procedures in the university.
***Quarentine Seal is NEEDED (mandatory) for application for student visa.
- A student who comes with tourist visa (Privilege 29 days Entry Visa for those coming ASEAN, USA and other selected countries) applies for VISA Conversion from 9A (Tourist) to 9F (Student) at the Bureau of Immigration - Tuguegarao City Office. Certain fee is collected by the BI for this procedure.
- Once VISA Conversion is approved, student is requested to proceed to Bureau of Immigration - Student Desk Division at Civic Building C, Quezon City Hall, Quezon City, Metro Manila for Biometric capturing of photo, signature and fingerprints.(NO payment is made here)
- Student, through the Universitys Liaison Officer, will be notified of the approval and release of iCard.
- Student applies for Student Visa Extension after ONE year. This is done at the Bureau of Immigration Office in Tuguegarao City - NO more need for quarantine and biometric capturing. Certain fee is collected by the BI for this procedure.
Dr. Jeremy Godofredo Morales
Director, International Relations
St. Paul University Philippines
Mabini Street, Tuguegarao City, 3500
Telephone Number: (+632) 396-1987 to 1994 loc. 714